Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Break

The kids and I had last week off for Spring Break so we decided to load up and take a camping trip to the lake. We went with Spencer and Kelli and their kids. We all had a blast and really didn't want to have to come home and face reality! I suppose getting home to a long hot shower and our own beds was pretty nice though. The water was still too cold to swim in although one day the kids did a little splashing around off the shore. We got to take a couple nice boat rides, do some fishing, have a pic nic lunch at a playground, roast marshmallows and just enjoy some quality time relaxing. I think all in all it was a pretty good time...no complaints! Oh I almost forgot the funnest part of the trip for Kelli and I...we got to back up and turn around my expedition...pulling a boat trailer. Now you may not find this funny, but had you been there I guarantee you would have. Neither of us have a clue when it comes to that and we were working with some tight spots and trying to avoid scratching my car with all the sticker bushes. I won't go into detail, but I'll say we had all sorts of crazy ideas on how we were gonna get that baby turned around. In the end...Kelli directed and I drove and we got er' done! I have a ton of pictures, but just grabbed a handful to put into a slide for you to enjoy!!

5 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I would love to go to the lake but Jared is pretty much anti water. I love all of the pictures! Karissa is too funny.

Aunt Tiff said...

Sounds like LOTS of fun!! I love camping!

Chris and Nichole said...

Looks like you guys had tons of fun! What great parents you two are, our kids would love it if we took them camping,lol we've only gone once. Now I feel guilty writing that... maybe this summer I'll give in or just send them with Chris,lol!

Elissa said...

Looks like so much fun. And look how big your kids are getting!

Dawna Greer said...

Sounds like a really fun time relaxing at the lake though you probably had to be extra vigilant to keep them safe. Glad you had a good time!